Single Pan Finals 2017 Results
There is a new National Panorama Single Pan Champion in 2017.
Newtown Playboys Steel Symphony continued its winning streak to take the top position at the end of the competition in Arima last night.
Playing Austin Lyons’
“Get Something And Wave”, the Newtown-based band under the baton of Carlan Harewood impressed the adjudication panel to cop the top spot scoring a total of 292 points. In second place was San Juan All Stars with 289 point for its performance of “Johnny” while Woodbrook Playboyz came in third with 287 points for its arrangement of “Total Disorder”.
The Grand Finals saw a total of twenty one (21) bands at the Arima Basketball Court, Arima. Among the dignitaries in attendance were Hon Minister of Community Development & Culture, Dr. Nyan Gadsby-Dolly, Ret. Brigadier General Ancil Antoine, MP for D’Abadie/O’Meara and Her Worship Lisa Morris- Julien, Mayor of Arima.
Adjudicators in the Single Pan Band category were Tommy Crichlow, Rofelle Granger-Morton, Vorbin Cordice, Audley Tomothy, Brendon Moore and Mark Brewster.
This year, fifty two (52) bands went from the Preliminary Round to the Finals.
The results are as follows:-
1 Newtown Playboys Steel Symphony Get Something And Wave 292
2. San Juan All Stars Johnny 289
3. Woodbrook Playboyz Total Disorder 287
4. Pan Jammers Different Me 285
5. T&T Defence Force Get Something & Wave 284
6. Shades In Steel Showdown (Band Meet Band) 283
7. Marsicans Thunder 282
7. La Creole Pan Groove This Melody Sweet 282
9. Trinidad & Tobago Fire Services Ethel 281
9. Woodbrook Modernaires Jump (on the count of 4) 281
11.Trinidad East Side Symphony Pan In Danger 279.5
12. Trinidad Nostalgic Flag Party 279
13. Brimblers War 278
14. Stardust Steel Tourist Elsie 277
15. La Famille United Pan By Storm 276
15. Uni Stars Magic Drum 276
17. Trinidad & Tobago Prison Service Nah Do Dat 275
17. Nu Pioneers Pan Groove Drive It 275
19. Brazil Rx4 Ka Ka Roach 272
19. Highlighters Fete 272
21. St. James Tripolians Fire Down Below 271